taking pictures the Lunar Eclipse
Get out at night time and factor your digital camera up!
How did it take place?
A lunar (scientific time period for the Moon) eclipse occurs while the moon passes via the shadow of earth, accordingly blocking light from our sun. in preference to turning the moon darkish, it certainly turns the moon right into a lovely colour of purple, the color of the earth’s shadow. The earth’s shadow casts a red glow due to its environment. Our environment redirects light, through its dusty layer of air to the sun shades of purple visible all through the “umbra” of the eclipse, the time whilst the light of the sun is totally blocked by the earth.
At times at some stage in the Umbra, about 1 hour during the eclipse, you could even see a turquoise color inside the lighter side of the moon, as a result of the earth’s ozone layer.
The last time I photographed the lunar eclipse become way lower back on October 27, 2004.
overall Lunar Eclipse: February 20, 2008
general Lunar Eclipse: February 20, 2008
© Kevin Moss
All Rights Reserved
My technique for shooting the moon is simple:
1. gambling pink Floyd’s dark aspect of the Moon for your iPod is essential to get you in the temper!
2. A tripod is a have to. You’ll be capturing long exposures, consequently you’ll want stability of your digicam.
3. Shoot in guide mode. I set my aperture on my digital SLR to f/five.6, the spot where I assume my lens is at its sharpest.
4. Use a long lens. My lens reaches to 200mm, but a longer focal length is desired, 400mm to 500mm would be ideal.
five. Set you digital camera to ISO 400. Any ISO placing above four hundred for maximum DSLR’s will bring about photograph noise on your photographs.
6. Set shutter pace manually. For brilliant moons, shutter speeds of four hundred to 500 are ideal at an aperture placing of f/5.6. You’ll must experiment though.
7. Use a far flung shutter release or your cameras self-timer. The moon isn’t the most effective difficulty in which this practice is critical. whilst you click on your shutter button in your digital camera, you’re in reality introducing vibration, which blurs snap shots. using a far off shutter release or your cameras self-timer gets rid of this vibration.
eight. test, and have fun!